By Michelle Kennedy
Who can forget the excitement of being a kid and finding out you’re having breakfast for dinner! There’s something part whimsical and part mischievous about chowing down on some Nutella Stuffed French Toast at nighttime and calling it dinner.
Why not evoke some of that nostalgia at your next event by incorporating breakfast items and flavors to the mix.
Whether it’s a traditional breakfast item scaled back to hors d’oeuvre size or savory twist on a sweet standard, your guests will be sure to enjoy the throwback. Some of my favorites include:
· Breakfast Tacos with Sunny Side Up Egg, Bacon and Potato Hash, and Avocado Crema on a Warm Corn Tortilla
· Savory French Toast made with Parmesan and Fresh Herbs
· Miniature Crispy Fried Chicken and Buttermilk Waffles with Spicy Maple Drizzle
· Crispy Smoked Duck Pancake with a Raspberry Hoisin Plum Sauce
· Seared Foie Gras on Miniature French Toast with Orange Marmalade and Black Hawaiian Sea Salt
· Bacon Station including Bacon Wrapped Bananas, Chocolate Covered Bacon, and Candied Bacon
· Seafood Crepes with Beurre Blanc Sauce
· Maple Bourbon Old Fashioned Cocktail
· Dessert Trio of Miniature Donuts including cinnamon sugar donuts with caramel apple sauce, red velvet donuts with cream cheese frosting, and black forest donut with salted chocolate sauce
· Filet Mignon Benedict – Sliced filet served with southern fried green tomato and topped with poached egg & béarnaise sauce