Fort Lauderdale Woman’s Club

 

Fort Lauderdale Woman’s Club

The Fort Lauderdale Woman’s Club was founded on January 11, 1911 with 18 members by the Board of Trade. We were first called the Woman’s Civic Improvement Association. The Club predated the incorporation of the city itself by two and a half months. The Club was federated by the GFWC in 1912 and on November 28, 1913, the name of the club was changed to the Fort Lauderdale Woman’s Club. Much of the history of the city is intertwined with the history of the Woman’s Club. In 1912 Club was instrumental in starting a volunteer fire department, donating $100 for their use. In 1913, club members got out the newspaper for vacationing publishers.

Category:
 

Description

Location

Broward County

Venue Style

Indoor
Outdoor
Historic
Ballroom & Banquett Hall

Event Style

Wedding
Corporate
Social

Capacity

100-150

Budget

0k – 5k

Request More Information

Additional information

Budget

0-5k

Capacity

100-150

Event Type

Corporate, Social, Wedding

Location

Broward County

Venue Type

Ballroom