This exciting Event Coordinator position at Bill Hansen entails a variety of internal and client facing tasks which assist the entire team in executing high-end events efficiently. Tech savvy, attention to detail and familiarity with general office programs is vital, as the complete and orderly organization of details ranging from client’s contact info to minute selections of a particular event is the key to success in this position.
Preferred Hours: Monday – Friday, 9am-5pm
Location: Coconut Grove, FL
As an event coordinator, your job is to assist your Event Producer with various tasks. Below are a few bullet points on how you would be assisting:
- Coordination for all catering and meeting functions after Event Producers have booked the event at the appropriate interval.
- Communicate all set up and service requirements to Event Manager and Operations.
- Establish and maintain files with proper documentation for all contracted functions.
- Contact all clients beginning at 30 days prior to function to review contracts, verify menu and go over all details including signed contracts, payment form, guarantee policies, minimums, etc.
- Collect payment prior to all functions.
- Back up to attend weekly operations meetings with Event Producer to communicate requirements of incoming groups.
- Attend all required orientation training classes and scheduled weekly sales meetings.
- Perform site tours as required.
- Assist the Event Producer to ensure that all incoming calls are answered promptly and to ensure that the office is always manned during regular business hours.
- When phone messages are necessary, calls must be returned no later than four hours from the time of the incoming call.
- Understanding of vendor quotes and corresponding pricing.
- Knowledge of our menu and pricing.
This job requires someone who is a great communicator and is constantly seeking to make people happy. Must be proficient in Powerpoint, Excel, Outlook, etc.
If you feel you are the best fit for this exciting position, please send a detailed cover letter and a resume showcasing your skills and experience to Ron@billhansencatering.com